- Mix the currants with some of the flour.
- Work butter and sugar together to a smooth cream, then slowly work in whole eggs one at a time.
- Add a little of the flour, rind and juice of the lemon and salt.
- Work in slowly the rest of the flour and the currants.
- Drop by spoonfuls on large buttered pans, pressing flat with a knife as the cakes are better when very thin.
- A good plan is to heat the pan a bit and allow the cakes to melt as much as possible before putting them in the oven to bake.
- Be sure to butter the pans thoroughly; otherwise, the thin cakes will be difficult to remove.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.