This recipe comes from an Estate Sale and were obtained when the family collection from The Wetzel Estate in Plano, Texas was purchased in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¾ cup pear juice
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Combine butter, brown sugar, coconut and flour
- Place in a rectangular baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and stir again.
- Press this mixture against the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate.
- Combine brown sugar and flour in a saucepan.
- Blend in pear juice and milk
- Cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil
- Boil for ~1 minute.
- Gradually stir in beaten eggs and boil one minute longer.
- Turn off the heat and stir in vanilla and butter.
- Pour into crust and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Dip pear halves in a mixture of ¼ cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Top individual pieces of pie with a pear half and a dollop of whipped cream.