- Makes about 36 cookies.
- ⅓ cup butter (margarine)
- ⅓ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 cup flour, divided, ¼ cup set aside
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar together thoroughly, then beat in water.
- Set aside ¼ cup flour for rolling.
- Mix together the remaining dry ingredients, then stir them into the creamed mixture.
- Add the remaining flour gradually to the dough until it is stiff enough to roll.
- Divide the dough into 3 lumps about the same size.
- Roll each lump of dough out about ⅛ inch thick and cut into 12 pieces about the same size.
- This is much easier than trying to use a cookie cutter if you need to know cookies per serving.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F about 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from pan, cool.
- Store in a covered container.
Nutritional information Edit
3 cookies per serving: 126 calories, 1 starch choice, 1 fats choice 16 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams protein, 6 grams fat.