In Romanian: Prajitura cu gris
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup cream of wheat
- syrup from 2 tablespoons sugar with ½ qt / 0,5 l milk
- shortening for greasing the pan
- Mix the yolks with the sugar and vanilla, add cream of wheat, then the whipped egg whites.
- Pour into a greased pan and bake.
- In the meantime, prepare the syrup.
- Set the milk to boil with the sugar, vanilla and some salt.
- When the cake is baked, pour the hot syrup over it.
- Let the syrup soak into the cake, then cut and arrange on a plate.
- This may be served plain, with whipped cream or a fruit syrup.