Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 9 Servings
- ½ basic puff pastry or substitute ½ pkg (17¼ oz) frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp water
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp grated chocolate
- Roll pastry into a 15- x 9-inch rectangle.
- Cut into 9 (15-x 1-inch) strips.
- Starting at tip of mold, wrap one strip around an ungreased 4-inch metal cream horn mold, winding strip spiral-fashion and overlapping edges about ¼ inch.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet, end of strip down.
- Repeat with remaining strips.
- Combine egg yolk and water; brush over entire pastry.
- Freeze 10 minutes.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and gently slide molds from pastry.
- Turn oven off.
- Return pastry to oven for 10minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine whipping cream and powdered sugar; beat at high speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Spoon whipped cream into a decorating bag fitted with a metal tip pipe whipped cream into pastry horns.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate over tops of cream horns.
- Chill until ready to serve.