- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable shortening
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) granulated fructose
- 1 tbsp (5 ml) sugar replacement
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) flour
- ½ tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- dash salt
- Cream together shortening, cream cheese, fructose and sugar replacement.
- Add egg and water, beating well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Shape into a roll, 1 ½ in. (3.75 cm) in diameter.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into thin slices and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 8 to 10 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Exchange 2 cookies: ½ fruit ½ fat calories 2 cookies: 74