Cranberries, Sliced, Dried by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 24
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon oil
- 1½ cups oats
- 1¼ cups toasted rice cereal
- 1¼ cups dried cranberries
- Combine honey, brown sugar, and oil in a small saucepan.
- Heat over low heat until well mixed.
- Mix oats, rice cereal, and cranberries.
- Add honey mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pat firmly into an 8” x 8” baking pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes; press mixture firmly, once more, into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake 5 more minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate, at least one hour, for easier cutting.
- Cut 4x6 for 24 bars.