- In small bowl, mix cranberries and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- butter an 8-inch circle in center of large baking sheet, or cover sheet with parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix remaining ⅓ cup sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Mix in lemon peel and ginger if using.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add cranberries, and toss well.
- In small bowl, mix cream and vanilla.
- Make well in center of dry ingredients.
- Add cream mixture.
- Stir just until dough pulls together.
- Keeping dough in bowl, knead 3 or 4 times with floured hands.
- On floured cutting board, pat dough into 7-inch circle.
- Slice dough into 6 or 8 wedges, as you would pie.
- Reassemble slices in center of baking sheet, leaving ¼ inch between pieces.
- Brush scones sparingly with milk, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool on sheet 1 minute, then loosen scones with spatula.
- Slide entire batch onto cooling rack.
- Cool thoroughly before wrapping.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.