- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons orange zest grated
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 425 and butter a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, Sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Blend the butter into the dry ingredients, using your fingertips or a pastry blender, until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the orange zest, cranberries and walnuts and toss to combine.
- Add the milk and juice, and stir until the dough is rough. Gather the dough together and place on a floured work surface.
- Knead gently about 10 times. Divide the dough in half and pat each piece into a circle about 6 inches in diameter and about 1/2 inch thick.
- To glaze, brush the circles with the half and half and sprinkle with Sugar.
- Cut each circle into eight pie-shaped wedges. Place the scones, barely touching, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until puffy and golden, 15-18 mins.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.