- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- oil lightly an 8-inch square baking pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into mixing bowl.
- Whisk together egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture, and stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon just to blend.
- Stir in rhubarb.
- Turn batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over top of cake.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until top is brown and crackled and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares, and serve while still warm.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.