- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) margarine at room temperature
- liquid sugar substitute equal to ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2½ cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cool water
- Mix together cocoa and boiling water to blend and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Cream margarine at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add sweetener and vanilla to creamed mixture, along with cooled cocoa mixture.
- Mix at medium speed until well blended.
- Beat egg whites at medium speed until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and beat at high speed, gradually adding sugar, to form a meringue.
- Set aside for alter use.
- Stir together flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to blend well.
- Add 1 cup water to creamed mixture along with flour mixture.
- Beat at medium speed for 1-2 minutes or until well blended.
- Stir batter carefully into pans that have been greased with margarine and lined on the bottom with wax paper.
- For 30-35 minutes, on until a cake tester comes out clean from the center of the cake and the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Turn cake out onto a cake cooler, remove the paper, and cool to room temperature.
- Put diabetic jelly between the cake layers and frost at the last minute with fluffy frosting.
- Cut cake into 16 equal servings.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchange per serving: