Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yields: Serves 10 People
With a cheery cherry topping and mint green garnish, this is the perfect dessert to top off a holiday dinner. This recipe is from Canada. It is unique because I have never tasted a Christmas cheesecake like it before!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill 15 minutes. In a saucepan, combine gelatin and water; let stand for 1 minute. Add milk; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add gelatin mixture and lemon peel; mix well. Chill until partially set. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour over crust. Chill until firm, at least 3 hours. Spread pie filling over gelatin layer. Top with remaining whipped topping.