- Makes 4-5 dozen.
- Per cookie: 78 calories, .9 g protein, 4 g fat, 9.6 g carbohydrate, 15 mg cholesterol, 59.2 mg sodium
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Chill for ease in handling.
- Roll out dough to ⅛" thickness on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with floured cookie cutters into desired shapes.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in preheated 350°F oven 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.