- 8 to 10 servings.
Tart shell Edit
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk, divided
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 tbsp cold water
- ⅔ cup Hershey's Premier white chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (½ pt) cold whipping cream
Tart shell Edit
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease bottom and sides of fluted 8 or 9-inch tart pan.
- Beat softened butter or margarine and sugar in small bowl until blended.
- Add egg yolks; mix well.
- Stir in 1 cup flour until mixture is crumbly.
- Press onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- If dough is sticky, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Prick bottom with fork to prevent puffing.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips, ¼ cup milk and sugar in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at high (100%) 1 minute or until hot.
- Stir or whisk until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small cup; let stand 2 minutes to soften.
- Place white chips and remaining ¼ cup milk in second small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at high 1 minute or until hot; stir or whisk until smooth.
- Add gelatin mixture and vanilla; stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Beat whipping cream in small bowl until stiff; fold 1 cup whipped cream into vanilla mixture.
- Fold chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream.
- Alternately spoon chocolate and vanilla mixtures into baked tart shell; with spatula, swirl for marbled effect.
- Refrigerate until firm.