Contributed by Lindas Busy Kitchen Desserts Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- Vegetable oil spray
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp orange liqueur
- ¾ cup vanilla ice milk, softened
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Grease six 5 oz. custard cups with vegetable oil spray.
- In a small saucepan, cook orange juice and sugar over med-high heat, until mixture has a syrupy consistency, about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, but stop before dry peaks form.
- Pour syrup over the egg whites, and continue beating for 2 minutes.
- Add cocoa and liqueur, and beat only until well mixed. Pour into prepared custard cups.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until souffles are puffed. Do not overbake, or souffles will become tough.
- To serve, spoon 2 tbsp softened vanilla ice milk into the center of each souffle.
- Serve immediately.