- 2 cups self-raising flour, sieved (strained)
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup milk (150ml)
- Lightly grease a baking tray cookie sheet.
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and rub it into the flour with your fingertips.
- Until the scone mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the caster superfine sugar and chocolate chips.
- Mix in enough milk to form a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to form a rectangle 10 – 15 cm inches, about 2.5 cm / 1 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 9 squares.
- Place the scones spaced well apart on the prepared baking try cookie sheet.
- Brush with a little milk and bake in a preheated oven 220°C / 425°F / gas mark 7, for 10–12 minutes until the scones are risen and golden.