Makes 24 squares.
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and sugar dissolves; remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Add cereal and sunflower kernels; stir until well coated.
- Press mixture evenly and firmly into buttered 13x9x2-inch pan using buttered spatula or waxed paper.
- Cut into 24 squares when cool.