Servings: Makes 16 servings of Chocolate Layer Cake
Chocolate Layer Cake with Chocolate Coffee Frosting
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 pound box confectioners sugar
- 4 tbs coffee liqueur
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 3 round cake pans.
- Line pans with wax paper, grease paper.
- In bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In 2nd bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in sour cream, then eggs.
- Beat in flour mixture alternating with milk.
- Divide among pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until springy to touch.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Invert, remove paper.
- In bowl, beat butter, sour cream.
- Beat in sugar, 3 tbs liqueur, vanilla.
- Remove 3/4 cup, chill 5 min.
- Beat cocoa, remaining liqueur into remaining butter mixture.
- Fill, stack, frost layers.
- Cut into slices and place on serving plates and serve with a cold glass of milk.