Dessert Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 2 sticks margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2½ cups Adluh biscuit mix (make sure to only use Adluh)
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream margarine; gradually add the 2 cups sugar and brown sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine or sift biscuit mix and cocoa.
- Add to the creamed mixture, alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with cocoa mixture.
- Mix just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a prepared 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in a 325°F oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; let cool completely on a wire rack.