Cut into about 32 bars.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer until well blended.
- Reserve ½ cup mixture for topping.
- Spread remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared pan (this will be a very thin layer).
- Spread preserves evenly over dough; sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
- Drop reserved dough by ½ teaspoons over chips.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.