Makes about 48 bars.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- ¾ cup Hershey's cocoa or Hershey's dutch processed cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups plus ⅓ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 cup Hershey's mini kisses semi-sweet or milk chocolate baking pieces
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherry, drained
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat; stir in cocoa until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, 3 eggs, 1½ cups flour and almonds; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1 egg, remaining ⅓ cup flour, sweetened condensed milk and almond extract.
- Pour over baked layer; sprinkle baking pieces and cherries over top.
- Return to oven.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Refrigerate until cold, 6 hours or overnight.
- Cut into bars.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover bars.