Makes 30 - 35 cookies.
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- ¼ pound whole, blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a food processor, mix the flour, sugar, butter, salt and baking soda until it forms little balls.
- Add the eggs and almond extract.
- Roll out the dough on floured surface.
- Cut with 2½ inch cookie cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and place an almond in center of each cookie.
- Bake for 25 minutes.