Makes about 36 bars.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups (10-oz pkg) Skor English Toffee bits or Heath Bits ’o Brickle almond toffee bits
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
- ¾ cup Mounds sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease sides of 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add flour, beating until well blended.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine toffee bits and corn syrup in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until toffee is melted (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Stir in ½ cup almonds and ½ cup coconut.
- Spread toffee mixture to within ¼-inch of edges of crust.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ cup almonds and remaining ¼ cup coconut over top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.