It's not exactly your ordinary cookie!
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- Stir together cheese and butter until blended.
- Stir in flour and salt; blend well.
- Stir in cereal.
- (dough will be stiff).
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place on an ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Flatten cookies to ¼ inch thickness with a fork, making a crisscross.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.