Chéri Suisse cake is a chocolate cake made with Cheri Suisse, which has a chocolate-cherry flavor
- 2½ cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup Chéri Suisse liqueur
- 1 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 jar of maraschino cherries
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix the flour and baking powder and in another bowl mix the eggs, sugar, butter, Chéri Suisse, cherries, chocolate and vanilla.
- Add this to the dry mixture and blend well.
- Pour batter into two 9-inch greased cake pans and bake 35 to 40 minutes.