Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 cup natural sugar
- ¼ cup vegan margarine, softened
- egg replacer equaling 2 eggs
- 1½ cup mashed ripe bananas (3 – 4)
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅔ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and margarine.
- Add bananas and water.
- Prepare the binding powder according to the directions given.
- Add to wet mixture.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the coconut,just until moistened.
- Fold in coconut.
- oil bottom only of a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides form pan; remove loaf.
- Cool completely.