Recipe from the sneaky kitchen.
- 2 egg whites
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- dash salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 5 oz large shredded wheat cereal biscuits, crushed (½ x 10-oz pkg)
- 12 oz pkg candy-coated chocolate covered peanuts like M&M's
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the crushed cereal.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Make an indentation in center of each one with the back of a teaspoon.
- Place 3 peanut candies in each indentation.
- Bake for 30 minutes until set.
- Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.