Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk, yogurt, or sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅛ teaspoon mace (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour one bundt cake pan or one bread loaf or large brownie pan.
- Cream butter, Crisco, and gradually add the sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk and flavorings to creamed mixture, beating after each addition until smooth and light.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove and finish cooling on rack.
- Frost when cool with your favorite frosting or drizzle with confectioner's icing and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.