- Oil a medium size deep oven dish, cover bottom with a sheet of filo pastry, sprinkle melted butter, sprinkle crumbled white cheese, and continue layering filo pastry with butter and cheese.
- Finish with a layer of filo pastry and butter.
- In a separate dish beat the eggs, add salt, and soda water.
- Pour slowly over the dish with the banitza and let it soak in.
- Cook in a preheated oven (180-200°C) for about 40 minutes or until the banitza has risen slightly and has nicely browned on top.
- Leave to cool for about 30 minutes and serve.
- I like it with Greek yoghurt on the side.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.