- 1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon mace
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease muffin pans.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and mace.
- Beat the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour mixture and milk to the egg mixture.
- Beat for 30 seconds after each addition.
- Fill 10 muffin cups with ⅔ full of batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.