- Lay out a wrapper so that the longer (5½ inch) sides are on the top and bottom, and the shorter (4½ inch) sides on the left and right.
- Cut each egg roll wrapper from top to bottom into 4 equal pieces.
- Using a paring knife, cut a ½ inch slit in the center of each piece.
- Using 2 pieces, one laid on top of the other, make a knot like a bow tie.
- (fold one end of the piece on top and thread it through the slit.
- Turn over, fold, and thread through the other way.
- Open the folded ends before deep-frying).
- Heat wok and add oil.
- Deep-fry the bow ties until golden brown, about 5 at a time.
- Drain on paper towels or a tempura rack if you have one.
- Boil the syrup ingredients in a pot on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Dip the bow ties into the boiling syrup (if the syrup isn't boiling the bow ties will be too sweet), and drain well.
- Set aside to harden.
- Serve cold.
- The bow ties can be stored in an air-tight container.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.