Bokkepootjes means "goat's feet".
- 8 egg whites
- 350 g sugar
- 500 g ground almonds
- rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 sachets vanilla sugar
- Also: dark chocolate for dipping.
- Beat the egg whites stiff with a measure of sugar.
- Then mix in the other ingredients a bit at a time, changing between them (some of the sugar, some of the almonds, some of the lemon, repeat until all ingredients are mixed in).
- Put the mix in a piping bag and pipe rolls of 6 - 7 cms length onto the baking sheet.
- Leave to dry for several hours and then put the sheet in a preheated oven at 160°C.
- Bake slowly, they are not supposed to go brown.
- Leave to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate and spread some on the bottom of the biscuit.
- Then stick a second biscuit onto the chocolate.
- Dip both ends of each "bokkepootje" into the chocolate and leave to harden.