The deep blue jewels of summer are the lovely blueberry. Blueberry season is short so enjoy eating them any way you can. Here's a recipe for Blueberry Pie.
- favorite two crust pie pastry
- 4 cups blueberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare favorite double crust pie pastry.
- Mix blueberries lightly with other ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour blueberry mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Top with remaining pie crust.
- Crimp and seal.
- Cut slits in top of pie crust.
- Bake about 50 to 60 minutes or until lightly browned.
- The blueberry pie filling will bubble through the slits when done.
- Place unbaked pie on a foil lined baking sheet for easy clean up.
Sources and Citations Edit
- Breads, Cakes and Pies in Family Meals: A Guide for Consumers, USDA, 1979