Dutch chocolate and cinnamon flowers
- Makes about 60 cookies.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ tbsp beaten egg
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a bowl with an electric mixer cream the butter with the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy, add the egg and the salt, and beat the mixture until it is combined well.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and beat the dough until it is just combined.
- Transfer half the dough to a small bowl, stir the cinnamon into 1 of the dough halves, and stir the cocoa powder into the other half.
- Transfer each dough to a large pastry bag fitted with a ½ inch plain tip.
- On lightly buttered baking sheets pipe 5 dots of either the cinnamon or the cocoa dough in circles, 1 inch apart.
- Pipe a dot of the contrasting dough into the centers, forming flower shapes.
- Bake the cookies in batches in the middle of a preheated 350°F.
- Oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until they are pale golden.
- Transfer them to racks, and let them cool.