Bled Cream Slices
- 2 parcels puff pastry
- 6 eggs
- 8.3 dl milk
- 20 dag sugar
- 10 dag sugar for whites
- 10 dag flour
- 2 parcels vanilla sugar
- 3 dl sweet cream
- Pinch dough with fork to empty air pockets.
- Bake the sheets in very hot oven until they become yellow and brown.
- Separate whites and yolks.
- Beat whites together with sugar for whites to get whiped cream.
- Beat yolks and sugar, slowly add 8.3 dl cold milk and then flour.
- Boil the rest of milk, vanilla sugar and very slowly add yolks and mix.
- The best way to do it is above container with hot water.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the eggs harden.
- Mix continuously.
- When done, remove the pan and mix whiped cream.
- Spread hot mixture over the cold baked sheets.
- Let it cool.
- Beat cream and sugar and vanilla sugar and spread over the mixture.
- Cover with another baked sheet, cut to squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Bled cream slices are well known cakes and the sweetshops and restaurants in bled sell them almost hundred thousand every year.
- People come from all parts of Slovenia and also from neighbouring countries to taste bled slices.