- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 12 servings
- 18¼ oz Pkg chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- ½ tsp almond Extract
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare and bake cake mix as package directs for two 9 inch round layers.
- Remove from pans, cool.
- In saucepan, melt chocolate chips with condensed milk. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk. Cool 10 minutes.
- Combine cherry pie filling with almond extract.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate, top side up
- Remove crust from top of cake to within ½ inch of edge, top with half of the chocolate mixture, then the cherries.
- Top with second cake layer and remaining chocolate mixture.
- Garnish with white chocolate and chocolate curls.