- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup shortening, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar replacement
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut, grated
- 1 tsp coconut milk
- 1 oz baking chocolate, melted
- These brownies are mailable.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- cream shortening and granulated sugar replacement until light and fluffy.
- (my note: be sure to use a granulated sugar replacement that does not lose sweetness when heated - aspartame is not suitable).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla extract and water.
- Divide batter into two equal parts.
- To one part add unsweetened coconut and coconut milk.
- Stir to completely blend.
- To the remaining half, beat in the melted chocolate.
- Spread coconut mixture on bottom of well-greased 8-in square pan.
- Spread chocolate layer on top of coconut layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut into 1 x 2 inch bars.
Nutritional information Edit
1 bar - ⅓ bread exchange, 1 fat exchange, 54 calories