The best of all Kenya desserts!
- for 35 macaroons
- 2½ cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- parchment to line cookie sheets
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Take 2 baking sheets and lightly grease them with butter.
- Take a bowl and beat the egg whites with the electric mixer on high until there are soft peaks.
- Gradually add the sugar.
- Make sure to beat after each addition until the peaks are glossy.
- Take the nuts and chop them finely.
- Add them with the coconut to the mixture.
- Wet your hands and put the mixture on the baking sheets in rounds.
- Bake them until they are lightly golden (this takes about 20-25 minutes).
- Cool them.
- If kept in an airtight box, they will keep for 2-3 days.