In Romanian: Pesmeti cu lamiie
- 7 oz / 200 g butter
- 5 oz / 160 g confectioner's sugar
- 10 oz / 300 g flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. lemon peel or zest
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 egg white
- 2-3 tablespoons ground walnuts
- Beat the butter with the sugar until creamy.
- Add juice from 1 lemon, vanilla and flour.
- Knead quickly and let rest only 2–3 minutes.
- Roll a medium thick sheet and cut into circles.
- Cut these circles with a smaller cutter so that you get a hole in the middle.
- Place on the baking sheet, wash with beaten egg white and sprinkle with walnuts.
- When they are baked, you may spread marmelade or chocolate cream over them and then stick them together two by two.