- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine cocoa, dates and coffee.
- Add boiling water and stir until cocoa has dissolved.
- Let stand until completely cool, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread walnuts in shallow baking pan and bake until lightly toasted and fragrant, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Keep oven on.
- In food processor, combine flour, baking powder, salt and toasted walnuts; process until walnuts are ground.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl and set aside.
- With rubber spatula, scrape cooled cocoa mixture into food processor.
- Add egg, egg white, 1 cup sugar, oil and vanilla and process until smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape down sides of work bowl.
- Add to reserved flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake until brownies are firm around edges and just set in center, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- To serve, coat sharp knife with cooking spray and cut into 16 squares.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.