Hot scones, served as they are removed from the oven, are an English specialty. A must for five o'clock tea. Serve with butter and jam.
Preparation: easy. Cost: inexpensive. Preparation time: 30 minutes; total baking time 10 minutes. Oven temperature: 425 degrees middle rack.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add butter.
- Combine with your fingers, a wooden spoon or a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
- Add buttermilk.
- Quickly stir to form dough.
- Divide dough in half.
- Form each half into a ball.
- Flatten to a round.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cut each crosswise into 4 pieces but not all the way through.
- Bake at 425 °F for 10–15 minutes.
- Serve hot.