- 1-1/2 coconut (grated)
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp nutmeg (grated) 5ml
- 1 tsp lemon or Vanilla Essence 5ml
- 1 small can Evaporated Milk (3/4 cup) 200ml
- 3/4 tin Condensed Milk (to taste)
- Use short-crusty pastry for dough.
- Remove outter brown skin of coconut. (Or use half-green coconut).
- Grate coconut.
- Preheat oven to 450 F/230 C.
- Beat eggs until frothy.
- Add essence, nutmeg and evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Sweeten to taste with condensed milk.
- Add grated coconut. Mix well.
- Put mixture in pie shell. Bake at 450 F/230 C for 15–20 minutes.
- Lower oven to 350 F/180 C.
- Bake until filling is firm when touched. Filling should not shake.