This is a recipe for Belgian cheese tart, serving amount is 8. It can be enjoyed at every moment of the day. Feel free to use any cheese type you like. Enjoy !
- 1 shortbread
- ½ lb cream cheese
- 3 tb confectioners' sugar
- 1 ts lemon juice
- 2 ea eggs; large
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- Note: as this is a tart rather than a cheesecake you should use an 8-inch tart pan or flan ring.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Large mixing bowl beat together the cheese, sugar and lemon juice until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Beat until very smooth after the last addition.
- Stir in the cream and pour mixture into the prepared crust.
- Brush the top of the tart with an egg and 1 tbsp of confectioners' sugar that has been beaten together.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill before serving.