A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Serves: 12
- 3 cups baking mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons egg mix + ¼ cup water (or 1 egg)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or applesauce
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or use paper liners.
- Combine baking mix and sugar in a large bowl. Add egg, oil (or applesauce), and water. Batter will look lumpy – do not over stir.
- Spoon into muffin pans ½ full.
- Bake 20 minutes at 425°F.
- Add 2 cups blueberries (reconstituted from dried fruit)
- Add 2 cups cranberries or cherries (reconstituted from dried fruit) plus 1 tablespoon grated orange peel.