- ⅝ cup butter
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- First cream the butter.
- Add the sugar gradually, and the beaten egg whites.
- Sift flour, baking powder and nutmeg together, and add alternately with the milk to the first mixture.
- Roll to one-third inch in thickness.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Cut into shape with a cookie cutter.
- Place on buttered or floured tins, and bake in a hot oven until nicely browned.
- If desired, a raisin or walnut meat may be placed in each cookie before baking.