Corn Squares Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 30 minutes total
- Serves: 12
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 cups corn squares (such as Corn Chex, crushed to ½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup minced onion
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In medium bowl mix the flour, cornmeal, crushed corn squares, sugar, baking powder, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs, milk, oil, and onions until thoroughly combined.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Stir only until all ingredients are moistened.
- Portion evenly into 12 muffin pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15–17 minutes until light golden brown. Serve warm.