- 2 c Cottage or Farmer Cheese
- 1/2 c Sugar; Granulated
- 5 eggs; Large Separated
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 ts Lemon Rind; Grated
- 1 ts Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 c Unbleached Flour; Sifted
- 1/4 c Confectioners' Sugar
- 3 tb Golden Raisins; Finely Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Press the Cheese through a sieve.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the Cheese and Sugar until light.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time beating well after each addition
- add the milk lemon rind and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and blend until smooth.
- In another large mixing bowl beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks then gradually add the confectioners' Sugar beating until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold the whites into the Cheese mixture.
- Gently stir in the Raisin bits then pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until the center appears firm.
- Let the cake cool in the oven for 15 minutes then allow to cool to room temperature.