- 1 egg, separated
- ½ cup skim milk (or less)
- 1 pack gelatin (envelope)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Equal (nutrasweet)
- 1½ cup cottage cheese (lumpy stuff)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp lite Cool Whip frozen non-dairy topping like whipped cream
- Take cottage cheese and cream in blender until very smooth.
- Set aside.
- Put egg yolk in top of double boiler beat well and add milk.
- Add gelatin and salt.
- Cook overr boiling water until gelatin dissolves and mixture thickens.
- (about 10 minutes) remove from heat, add sugar substitute.
- Add cottage cheese, lemon juice and vanilla to cooled mixture.
- Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon.
- Beat egg white until stiff.
- Fold egg white and cool-whip together into mixture.
- Pour into graham crust.
- Or pour into pie plate and top with crumb topping.
- Crumb topping: crush 2 graham crackers fine.
- Mix with pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Calories (without topping or crust): 442 (whole pie!) calories with Keebler™ graham crust: 1402 (per serving 175 7gr fat