- 7 or 8 medium size apples, peel, remove core, chop or dice
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened (room temp)
- Use an ungreased 9 inch glass pie plate.
- Put the prepared apples into the pie plate and fill plate with apples to a mound.
- Mix in a bowl, flour, sugar and cinnamon with a fork.
- Pour ½ of the cinnamon mixture, evenly, over the apples.
- Now mix with a fork , the oatmeal and butter, mix well.
- Add the other half of the cinnamon mixture to the oatmeal mixture, blend in well.
- Put the oatmeal mixture on top of the apples , pressing and packing it in a mound,with your hands (press so the mixture stays together on the top of apples without falling).
- Bake this in a preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with ice cream.