- Grease 3 x 8-inch round cake pans.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; continue beating until light.
- Stir in bean puree and apple butter.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and allspice into a medium bowl.
- Stir flour mixture into bean mixture until blended.
- Mix in diced apple.
- Pour into greased pans.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans.
- Cool on racks.
- Prepare coffee icing in a small bowl by combining powdered sugar, butter and a dash of salt.
- Beat with electric mixer on low speed until blended.
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoons coffee.
- Beat until smooth.
- Beat in remaining coffee, 1 teaspoon at a time as needed for spreading consistency.
- Layer cakes with icing.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.